Wednesday, May 22, 2013

ARC Review (#32): Rush by Eve Silver

Rush
by Eve Silver
Expected Publication: June 11th, 2013
Source: ATW Arc Tours

So what’s the game now? This, or the life I used to know?
When Miki Jones is pulled from her life, pulled through time and space into some kind of game—her carefully controlled life spirals into chaos. In the game, she and a team of other teens are sent on missions to eliminate the Drau, terrifying and beautiful alien creatures. There are no practice runs, no training, and no way out. Miki has only the guidance of secretive but maddeningly attractive team leader Jackson Tate, who says the game isn’t really a game, that what Miki and her new teammates do now determines their survival, and the survival of every other person on this planet. She laughs. He doesn’t. And then the game takes a deadly and terrifying turn.
Rush took me completely by surprise.  I mean, aliens? Come one now, who really wants to read about aliens? I honestly didn't but Im so glad that I gave this book a try.  The cover is what originally what drew me in but as I read, the premise of this life threatening game also grew on me.

We are immediately thrown into the action at the beginning of the crash when Miki is involved in a car crash.  She then wakes up in this game where she has to kill aliens or pretty much, die.  I loved the concept of this book.  I thought it was so original to have this "game" that sort of reminds you a video game.  I have no idea what I would do if I was thrown into this world that I only thought existed in video games.  But Miki handles it real well.

Flat out - Miki is bad ass.  She is so intelligent but is able to so easily think on her feet.  Within a couple moments of her first fight, she is kicking alien butt!  I love Miki as the MC.  She's had her fair share of her problems, like her mother dying, but she's turned out pretty well and knows how to take care of herself.

Jackson was okay.  I admit there were some pretty swoonworthy scenes between him and Miki but we didn't really get to learn much about him in this book.  So hopefully I get to learn more about him.  And you'll know why i said hopefully when you get to the end!

What a cliffhanger! This book isn't even out yet and I cannot wait for the next one! I need to know what freaking happens, like NOW!  I think everyone should give this book a try, and don't be scared away by the word ALIENS! They are nothing like the aliens you and I have imagined since I was little.


1 comment:

  1. I'm not a big alien fan but I am going to try this one out. Plus, I love this cover.

    ReplyDelete